Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Ulaanbaatar/ Mongolia - Preliminary Research

I’m Thao, I’m currently a senior Graphic Design student. After applying some jobs for the agents outside the U.S. Finally, last week, I got an email from Sunrise - Marketing and Advertising Company about offering an interview by Skype. That’s awesome to me. So, we need an interview by Skype because Sunrise company is in Ulannbaatar city, Mongolia. I told this good new my professor. She’s so happy with that, and she said I should have a quick research about Ullanbaatar, that would help me a lot in the conversation and even when I have a ticket to work there. So, last night, after I’ve prepared for the interview tomorrow, I did a research about Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. Here what I have:

Ulaanbaatar, also Ulan Bator, or just UB, is the capital of Mongolia. It is also the largest city there with a population of around 1.2 million.

Located in north central Mongolia, the city lies at an elevation of about 1,310 meters (4,300 ft) in a valley of the Tuul River. It is the center of Mongolia's road network, and is connected by rail to both the Trans-Siberian Railway in Russia and the Chinese railway system.
5 stars hotel - Blue Sky

It is 6500 miles/ 10500 km far from here.
It takes 1 day long by airplane. 

The city features brief, warm summers and long, bitterly cold and dry winters. The coldest January temperatures, usually at the time just before sunrise, are between −33 and −40 °F with no wind, due to a temperature inversion, As I know it is -13 °F right now. 

Primary industry is mining (especially coal). The burning of soft coal coupled with thousands of factories in Ulaanbaatar and a sharp increase in individual motorization has resulted in severe air pollution. 
Besides, it is financial heart of the country. 



I would like to live in an apartment where is near the Sunrise company. I found one "VIVA city apartment" ($400/month).




VIVA City to SAN Business Center



Sunrise Company
http://www.sunrise.mn

Graphic Designe Job in Ulaanbaatar
http://creativepool.com/jobs/graphic-design-jobs/in/ulaanbaatar-mongolia






No comments:

Post a Comment